We have a wide range of safari vehicles that can withstand all-terrain. Vehicles include safari mini-vans with a top hatch for easy game viewing, 4 x 4 all-terrain safari land cruisers, and 25 seat shuttle buses for groups.
All our safari vehicles are customised for the rough safari terrain and are well serviced and in excellent condition to ensure they do not break down when you are on your safari in Kenya. The safari vehicles are also fitted with long-range high-frequency radio so that driver-guides can communicate in parks when searching for wildlife on game drives. Note we are a destination management company (DMC) based in Kenya, so we can also assist you in planning your safari in Kenya and Tanzania at no extra cost, even when all you need is to hire a safari vehicle. We will advise on the best places to visit depending on the safari season and the most appropriate places to stay when in or near parks for the best safari experience. We can also help you book accommodation and advise on park fee payments, and if it’s all too much work, we can arrange the whole safari for you as a package depending on your requirements. We will work together to ensure you get the best experience possible when planning and when on your safari in Kenya and Tanzania.
4×4 Car Hire Kenya – Types of Safari Vehicles Available for Hire
There are five types of vehicles available for hire for your safari in Kenya and Tanzania. These are
- eight seat 4×4 Land Cruisers
- seven seat 4×4 Land Cruisers
- five seat 4×4 Land Cruisers
- eight seat safari vans
- 25 seat shuttle buses
Each vehicle has its advantages and use. Groups mainly use the shuttle buses for transfers within cities since they are not made for rough terrain. The other four types of vehicles are specially made for safari and have pop-up roofs which open up vertically to ensure you can stand on a game drive and take photos of animals and birds while in national parks and game reserves. They have large slide windows that you can open and enjoy your game drive in the park if you get tired of standing to use the pop-up roof. Some seven and five seat Land Cruisers are also customised specially for wildlife photography. They have canvas roll-up windows which, your driver-guide will roll up before a game drive for an expansive view and easy manipulation of your cameras (especially with long photography lenses!) when taking photos. These vehicles are ideal for wildlife photography safaris. Note bean bags can be provided free of charge – on request – if you need one to stabilise your camera when taking photos.
Toyota Land Cruiser (4 wheel drive) – 8 or 7 seat safari customised 4×4 Land Cruisers and Jeeps
– Safari vehicle hire rate per day is US$ 150 without fuel and park entry fees for the vehicle and driver-guide
– Vehicle seats either eight or seven passengers comfortably. Each person has a window seat in the seven-seat vehicle. One person in the eight-seat vehicle occupies the middle seat at the back
– The vehicle is customized for safari. It has a pop-up roof and has special shock absorbers for game viewing and photography
– Vehicles are driven by a professional safari guide with between 10 – 35 years of experience guiding wildlife safaris
– We provide a free airport pick up and drop off if the airport pick up and drop off is on the same days as your safari
– The price given does not include fuel and does not include park entry fees for the vehicle and driver-guide. We can help you calculate this
– The vehicle is ideal for any group between 8 – 4 people travelling together.
– Every passenger has a window seat to spot wildlife (except in the eighth so that seat, where one passenger has to use the pop-up roof)
– The vehicle has a large pop-up roof to view wildlife and for photography
– The 4×4 Land Cruiser vehicle has a total of two diesel tanks, so it can cover long distances without refuelling
– The vehicles are customised with a long extended chassis that allows for good legroom for all passengers
– Vehicles have comfortable seats that recline
– We have customised the vehicles with a specially customised load compensating suspension system for smoother rides on rough roads
– The vehicle has High-Frequency Radio that allows the guide to collaborate with other guides when searching for wildlife.
– All safari vehicles have two spare wheels
– They also have four doors that open wide for easy access
– WiFi can be provided at no extra cost on request
Enquire Here for a 4 Wheel Drive Safari Vehicle in Nairobi or Mombasa, Kenya; or call +254733899909
7 Passenger 4×4 Land Cruiser